Blog Archive

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some sites you should definitely check out

Now most of these, if not all of these, sites are in my Links section but I thought I'd tell you a little bit more about them because they're definitely worth visiting.

Angry Alien Productions

This site is truly brilliant. It consists of cartoons of famous movies shortened down to just 30 seconds, but the best bit is that it's all played out by cartoon bunnies.

I rate this site as 4.5 out of 5

Apple or Apple UK

Apple make the best computers and OS in the world. You should check the Get a Mac section out in perticular. This consists of some great funny ads which have been very popular on the web and on the TV in the US, Japan and soon to be in the UK. Incidentally the UK version of these ads is done by the great Mitchell and Webb who are hillarious - Get a Mac ads by Mitchell and Webb. If you don't have the latest version of quicktime then they can all be viewed on youtube.



I rate this site as 4.5 out of 5

Operation Black Widow

Operation Black Widow is a psychological experiment consisting of observing the behaviour of the "Subject" in the company of the "Female". Now this has a great idea behind it and I can't blame anyone in perticular for it's failure Nathan. This is probably the least worth while in the entire list.

I rate this site as 2.5 out of 5

StumbleUpon


StumbleUpon is the ultimate web tool for all internet junkies, like myself. You simply say what you're into and StumbleUpon put a plug-in on your browser. Click on it and it will give you a web page that someone with similar interests as you has recommended. Real Stumbleing die hards spend hours using this every day. Brilliant.

I rate this site/tool as 5 out of 5

Top of the Pods

Top of the Pods is a great podcast produced by two lads from Peterborough, Jon and Rob. Listeners send in their top ten lists and then and then they announce each item and usually then stray off of the subject onto something that is completely irrelevant. This just makes it even better though. It's very well produced and very funny. One of the few podcasts that I've found that is worth subscribing to.

I rate this site/podcast as 5 out of 5

War on DHMO


War on dihydrogen monoxide is very simple and interesting. It's a campaign against this highly dangerous, and unrestricted, chemical.

I rate this site as 3 out of 5

Wikipedia

This is one of the most useful websites on the internet. Whenever you have a question about anything Wikipedia will have the answer. It's an online encyclopedia with well over 1.5 million articles which can be edited by anyone to ensure that it's as update and accurate as possible. It's also one of the greatest homework solutions out there, if you know what I mean.

I rate this site as 5 out of 5

Youtube

If you don't know what youtube is then you've obviously been sitting in a cave on Mars with your fingers in your ears and blindfolded whilst humming to yourself. Or maybe you live in Brazil or Iran where it has been banned. It may also be banned in India soon. Anyways I'm not gonna pactronise you. I know that you know that it's great.

I rate this site as 4.9 out of 5


Have your say by clicking on comments and leaving one v

No comments: